A year passed and I feel as if I were sitting next to a stream. 2021, anticipated with optimism, fled into a blur of thoughts, events, work and study. It is hard to pinpoint what we’ve gained over this time, but each of us has lived this year with courage and strength.
Reflect and discover what we can take forward into 2022, an anchor of sorts, that we can cast into the unknown.
How could we prospect for this discovery?
Here are 7-steps to discover the value from experiences you’ve had over the year:
- Find a memory or experience you had during 2021, good or bad.
- Use a pen and paper to describe it to yourself in as much detail as you can recall.
- Explore what you felt and what you were thinking at the time.
- Consider what you felt was good or bad about the experience.
- Find any sense you can make of the situation, write any thoughts that come to mind.
- Think of how else you could have experienced the situation, what else you could do or think about it.
- Decide on what you could do if the same experience happens in future.
Everyone’s experience is unique to them.
No one can live your life, and the value of your experience is that you become more of YOU, every year. What did 2021 teach you, and how could it equip you for 2022? Only you can know.
“creating agile, purpose-driven thinking”.
call: +27 82 804 6391