Why is self-awareness important?
At work, a party or even at a school or academic event we interact with people. How we express ourselves determines how easily we succeed.
You may think you are presenting yourself as intelligent, quirky or fun, but how do your friends, colleagues or boss view your actions?
Self-awareness helps you identify the reasons why it could be difficult to connect sometimes. It helps you to:
- Know who you are and how you’re perceived
- Know what’s important, your values, priorities, goals
- Know what you like or don’t like, but more importantly the reasons why.
- Ask for feedback and evaluate it constructively
- Understand others.
How does coaching help improve self-awareness?
A coach works with you to help you objectively consider your performance or needs and helps you to decide your next steps. Coaches, who are by definition objective, will give you unbiased advice towards reaching your goals.
What makes Disclosure better?
We use scientifically proven tools to help you identify your motivations, your values and your goals.
Using your results, we work on a customised plan that supports you, on your way to success.-
- “A study also found that self-awareness impacts companies’ bottom line.”
- “a cornerstone of EQ is self-awareness.”
- “Research suggests that when we see ourselves clearly, we are more confident and more creative.”
What Self-Awareness Really Is (and How to Cultivate It) (hbr.org)